Monday 6 August 2012

Trousers you can make in a nap time?! Fabulous :)



Just popping in to share these trousers with you - my tot thinks they are the most amazing things in the world! If she is not wearing them then they are usually being dragged around under her arm or being squeezed to death accompanied by a tear inducing 'I wuv my mickey trousers'.

I snapped up the idea from prudent baby how-to-sew-pants - click the link if you want a really easy tutorial with pics on how to make your little one some 'pants'. I just wanted to be able to recreate a pair of pj trousers she has in a light cotton as eczema means no shorts (little fingers cause alot of damage) and it has been far too warm for leggings.
Having decided to use a thinner elastic for a lighter feel around her little waist, I changed the hem/seams allowance, and ironed on a mickey. It took me just a nap time to complete them (from pattern to finish) and I used a 40cm piece of fabric I had bought in error for a different project. Brilliant!

Tonight is the eve of my beautiful teen returning home - can't wait to squeeze her! She returns with her leg in a cast after tripping on the beach, poor lovely needs a mummy hug and I can't wait to give her one. Already though, I am wondering how long and for how much she will milk the injury...time will tell.
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,I love to hear from like minded people so please leave a comment to tell me about what you have been up to and what has been inspiring you.