Monday 13 August 2012

Lil' roo's birthday

It was my younger sister's birthday last week and so after the clearing of the S/C/G room it was time to get crafting. Lil' roo is a bright and fun being so I thought I need to make a bright bag for fun times.
I have to say what should have been a simple project became a bit of a mission of love as half way through we decided to go to Oma and Opa's house to stay - now I thought 'Oma has a sewing machine, I will just do it there, no problem'. Oh, how wrong could I be?
To cut the story short I soon found out that I am not the sewing machine goddess I occasionally slip into thinking I am and that actually threading a different machine and getting to know it's quirks can be a project all on it's own! Luckily Oma came home and saved the day. Bag made in time for mascara to be re- applied (after the many tears of frustration shed) and I made it to the party in good time! Yay!
For those of you who love it as much as lil' roo did, some details: The bag pattern is a Cath Kidston design from her book 'Sew' but as I wanted it to be funky rather than sweet I went for fabric from The Eternal Maker (www.eternalmaker.com - my home in a parallel universe) and some lining from Ditto Fabrics. I also added a flower I found a tutorial for in a supplement from Making which I made into a broach. The whole gift only took 2 hours (minus the drama) and the pattern was simple enough for a novice like me - I urge you to have a go!
Enjoy and thanks for reading :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,I love to hear from like minded people so please leave a comment to tell me about what you have been up to and what has been inspiring you.