Wednesday 1 August 2012

I have started this blog to share my ideas and thoughts about all the things I love...vintage, retro, upcycling, fairtrade, home baking, my family and home...the list could go on forever! I am not an expert on any of these things - a novice of life is how I put it but I am enthusiastic and I hope you enjoy the tales of my trials and tribulations with all!
Why now? Well I kind of thought why not now? My beautiful teen is off in the south of France having a ball at summer camp and instead of joining her down there we are on a forced 'staycation' due to our adorable tot coming down with chicken pox. So, we are home with no pressures on time and I am a little mindful that there are a few little chores I could will soon be doing - scrubbing out beautiful teens room (whilst wearing protective clothing), finding some order to the study/craft room/guest room and the minor issue of the paint having been under the stairs for the kitchen revamp for what?...Shh..three months now.
But, I am also determined to be on holiday and if I can't go away then I will enjoy my time at home doing some of the things that I put off just because they are a bit selfish, they are for me and me alone. Don't get me wrong I advocate on the behalf of selfishness - really believe that a little bit of selfishness is good for you, keeps you balanced, realigns the order in the world but the hours in the day are short and without trying to sound like a martyr to the cause of working and/or parenthood - I really just don't have the time to be that selfish very often.
Luckily, on the whole, the adorable tot is on good form and on the mend - and currently sleeping. So I will dig out the floor boards that I am sure were last seen in/under the teens room, find an order to the S/C/G room if only to allow for more creative mess and I will at least think about the revamp... but I have started this so selfish box ticked for today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,I love to hear from like minded people so please leave a comment to tell me about what you have been up to and what has been inspiring you.