Monday 17 December 2012

My first big Christmas Fayre

Well, again I have been very busy as many of you getting ready for Christmas at home, day to day - work, children, home and making items for my Christmas stall. These are my bags that I made from Eco-fi which is a totally 100% recycled fabric and my new love!
I am new to the selling market and I have to say it is not as easy as it looks. It took a while to get used to people looking at the things I make and inside I was cringing thinking please stop looking, just don't look! Then the feeling of someone looking and walking on is even worse. But eventually I got used to it and even managed to engage in some really interesting conversations and sell some of my wares too!
Having said that there are many things that are great about selling face to face too, so here are my top three:
1. The enthusiasm from the customers about the things I have made and their true pleasure at finding something unique either for themselves or others.
2. Meeting other crafters and swapping tips about publicising your wares and discussing different techniques with each other - the people at this fayre by Belles Events (I won a fabulous prize in their raffle, yay!) were truly lovely to be around for the day. The girls next to me selling machine knitted wonders were so friendly they really made me feel at ease - and I have ordered some moustache gloves for the beautiful teen by one of them,  Lucinda Dickens who promises to be knitting all week long to fulfil her orders!
3. The chance to just sit quietly for the day and have my hands free to do with as I please - knitting a snood for lil' roo's Christmas present in this case. (Please don't take this the wrong way as I love my children, work and home but sometimes it's nice just to sit.)

Now this week is all about my girls and my home. The tree is up but the rest of the house needs some serious TLC and Christmas cheer so in between playing with the adorable tot, negotiating with the beautiful teen and working I will be buying more lights to decorate the kitchen and lots of festive decoration for my Victorian banister. Then clean, clean, clean and recovering the guest room aspect of my study, in anticipation of Oma and Opa staying for Christmas, underneath the explosion of craft that has happened in the last month. On to shopping for final bits and pieces on Saturday with food shopping Sunday. And finally not forgetting the hobby horse to make for the adorable tot (plus the unfinished onsie) and the continued knitting of the snood for lil' roo. Hmmm....I thought this would be a quiet week.

In this last dash for the finish line of Christmas day I wish you all plenty of energy, tons of goodwill and patience and a very peaceful New Year.

Have a joyful Christmas and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,I love to hear from like minded people so please leave a comment to tell me about what you have been up to and what has been inspiring you.