Wednesday 5 September 2012

Life is what happens... but there is always time for bunting.

I have been really busy for the last couple of weeks - family visits, work and everyday life has just kept me away from my blog and also my crafting. Also, (it would feel strange not to mention) my dad has been unwell but he seems to be on the mend now so  I am back.

I did, however, manage to make some bunting for a little person we know who's birthday is coming up. I am really pleased with it and of course handmade bunting really doesn't take very long to make. I love crafting projects that take time and challenge my ability but making something like bunting is so quick - it's great for a quick craft craving fix! Cut triangles, sew wrong side together down two edges, turn out, pin ribbon folded in half to encase the top edge and sew - very satisfying!

Those of you out there who have children know what time of year it is and on day one of the new school year I can already tell that the work, school and nursery routine will take a little time to get used to! July and August haven't exactly been the sun filled days that we dream of to get us through those dreadful wet and grey days - but I still managed to kick back a little, enjoying the long days and the seasonal food. However, all is not lost, with autumn comes warm colours in the trees and a crisp breeze that makes me glad for warm woolly jumpers and big mugs of tea.

Tomorrow my beautiful teen will get the freedom of two legs again (eek!) as the cast is due to come off! Yay! Of course I am pleased that my child has healed and, although I have enjoyed clucking around her like an old mother hen, I am now very much looking forward to her being able to get back into her usual routine of responsibilities! So fingers crossed and all will be well.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,I love to hear from like minded people so please leave a comment to tell me about what you have been up to and what has been inspiring you.